HISTORY, EXPERIENCE & OBJECTIVES
Design Collaborative Private Limited was formed in 2009 by a group of break-away senior professionals from the established Design Consultancy firm Auroservice, Pondicherry, India.
Through the years Auroservice had delivered many landmark projects in the southern states of India, including Townships for the Steel Authority of India, Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited, Tata Steel, Major Hospitals, in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra and Orissa, Several Universities and Colleges and Commercial, research and manufacturing facilities.
Client satisfaction continues to be the focus of this young and talented team as has been practiced by its principal for more than two decades of his leadership at Auroservice.
The company has made a conscious decision to limit the growth of the firm to a size that can give the kind of personalized service that has made Auroservice successful over the years. Instead of growth in size, Design Collaborative has concentrated its efforts on bringing some of the best professionals into the collaborative process of design in making it more efficient and responsive to the client's needs.
The past experience of the principals and the staff has given the ability to interpret the needs and desires of different clients. We have been designing Housing, Educational and Healthcare facilities for a long time. Familiarity with these disciplines of design, the technical capabilities and professional competence of Design Collaborative is best illustrated by examining our present client list, acquired in fifteen months of operations, which includes GITAM University Visakhapatnam, Medical Trust Hospital Cochin, Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences, Aravind Eye care system, Agewell health system, GRT Hotels & Resorts.
Total Dedication to Quality
Design Collaborative has adopted as the guiding principle, a total Dedication to the achievement of three distinct qualities in the facilities we are charged with designing.
This means the incorporation of all the features that will enhance the beneficial use of the facility whether it be an individual residence, a place of worship, an educational institution, a medical facility, an office, a commercial space, a campus, a township or simply a space for the enjoyment of life.
The creation of surroundings in which the occupant and user can be free from physical danger and harm, and are encouraged to relate with each other in a manner that promotes their individual development.
The selection of systems and materials calculated to conserve natural resources, the client's resources and energies.
The Development Process
- Review of program with Client
- Preliminary design concepts
- Landscape consultant input
- Presentation of design concepts to Owner
- Owner review and input
- Schematic design finalisation
- Preliminary design of building systems with consulting engineers
- Presentation of design development to Owner
- Review of project cost estimate with Owner
- Owner review and input
- Design finalisation
- Working drawings and specifications production
- Owner review
Bidding & Negotiations
- Competitive bidding
- Bid evaluation
- Award of contract
- Construction begins with on-site construction observation
- Substantial completion
- Owner occupancy
- One-year building review by Architect
Pre-Design and Planning Services
- Project Budgeting
- Project Development Scheduling
- Existing Facilities Surveys
- Site Analysis and Selection
- Zoning Process Assistance
- Master Planning
- Conceptual Design
- Design Development
- Contract Documents
- Contract Administration
- Regulatory Agency Approvals
- Structural Design
- Plumbing services Design
- Electrical and communication & Data network system Design
- Mechanical systems Design
- Landscape Design
- Interior Design and Furnishings
- Presentation and Marketing Materials
- Record Drawings
- Construction Quality check